Privium Fund Management (UK) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) as a Collective Portfolio Management Investment firm and is therefore a full scope AIFM with MiFID “top up” permissions. Privium offers a range of regulatory hosting solutions as an Investment Fund Management company (AIFM & UCITS) for alternative and traditional asset classes across different jurisdictions.
Please contact us for further details.
Privium enables firms to carry out regulated business activity under their regulatory umbrella (under their own firm name, ownership and control) without being directly authorised by the FCA. The firm will become an Appointed Representative (“AR”) of Privium where it will use the regulatory permissions of Privium. Our hosting services include:
- Investment Advisory/Arranging
- Corporate Advisory
- Investment Management
- Marketing & Distribution Services
- AIFM Services
An Appointed Representative (“AR”) is an arrangement whereby a person or firm is able to carry out regulated business activity under a firm (Principal) who is directly authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). The Principal takes responsibility for ensuring the AR is compliant with all relevant FCA regulation. Privium provides a full service which includes but not exclusive to the following:
- Ongoing compliance monitoring
- Reviewing and approving marketing material
- Risk monitoring and oversight
- Providing initial and ongoing compliance training
- Providing compliance manuals and relevant ancillary compliance policies
- Keeping abreast of regulatory changes and providing relevant regulatory updates
- Completing the required FCA returns (Funds only)
- Completing FCA notifications, such as marketing notifications (Funds only)
- Highly qualified team aiming to respond to queries within 24 hours
- Producing/review of legal agreements
- The Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI) training modules
- Key regulatory webinars
Benefits of becoming an Appointed Representative:
- Able to obtain authorisation as an AR within just a few weeks and be ready to conduct regulated business.
- More cost-effective for businesses than direct approval.
- AR’s do need not comply with the regulatory capital requirements themselves.
- Outsourced risk and compliance expertise.
- No CF10 or CF11 requirement
Privium Fund Management provides portfolio management services to the funds and separately managed accounts (“SMAs”) (in respect of which Privium is the designated investment manager) Individuals of Appointed Representatives are seconded into Privium for the purpose of managing funds and/or portfolios.
Fund Management Services
Privium provides a range of Fund Management services which include:
- Fund Structuring – Ensuring that your fund meets the needs of your (target) investors.
- Fund Set-up – Start-up support related to regulatory approval, selecting and liaising with service providers, and preparing legal documentation.
- Fund Management – Activities related to portfolio management, investment oversight, compliance and risk management, communication with services providers, composing of communications and reports, and middle-office operations (not inclusive of fund administration).
- Fund Governance – Privium can provide directorship services and AML – related functions to enhance the governance of your fund structure.
Marketing & Distribution
Privium can help support you with the marketing and distribution of your fund/strategy.